I’ve been trying to finish up my books for the Dia de Los Muertos Read-a-thon but I do not think I am going to make it to the last book. I tried starting it several times and was not motivated to read it. I think it will be a fantastic book but when I have a TBR (to be read) list filled with things I am really excited to read, it is hard to make myself to start something different.
But on the other hand I have read some really great books for the other categories:
- Book with family drama: Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber (I changed my pick: A Nobleman’s Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks by Mackenzi Lee)
- Book with an animal on the cover: A Carnival of Snackery by David Sedaris
- Book about a musician: The Violinist of Venice by Alyssa Palombo
- Book under 200 pages: 1922 by Stephen King
- Book with bones on the cover: Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco
- Book written by a Latinx author from a South American country: Incendiary by Zoraida Cordova (I just could not get myself to start it even though it looks fantastic!)
I cannot wait for another read-a-thon but I have a great TBR list for November!