Genealogy & Local History
- Reference materials for use in the library
- Genealogy resources to check out, including how-to guides for genealogy
- Two computers dedicated for genealogy use, one of which is equipped to read microfilm and microfiche
- Databases for genealogy research: ancestrylibrary.com, Fold3, newspapers.com, newsbank.com, AtoZ database
- We can request microfilm free from Kansas State Historical Society (currently unavailable)
- We can request microfilm from other sources at a nominal fee (currently unavailable)
Derby History Archive Website
As part of the City of Derby's sesquicentennial celebration, the library and The Derby Informer solicited photos and documents that contribute to the record of the city's history. Residents of Derby came through in a big way, and brought hundreds of items in to be scanned to help tell the story of Derby's first 150 years.
Now, the library is pleased to share that those items will become part of the library's history archive website. The work has started on collecting and organizing the materials on the website, and more items are being added regularly.
Click the link button below to visit DerbyKSHistory.com. Be sure to visit regularly to see what new items have been posted. Do you have items that are appropriate to be included on the archive? Call the library and ask for Kristy Norman, and she can set up a time to scan your items.
Local History Resources
- Derby High School yearbooks
- Derby Middle School yearbooks
- Kansas history reference section (in-library use only)
- A small selection of items about Derby history and history of surrounding communities
- Derby newspapers on microfilm
- Kansas history resources available to check out