Derby Public Library > Kids & Teens > StoryWalk at High Park
Read while you walk with StoryWalk®
Derby Public Library and Derby Health Collaborative have joined forces to bring a StoryWalk® to the community at High Park.
Next time you take your kids on a walk at High Park, you are likely to come upon a page from a storybook. As you continue your walk, you'll come upon page after page. Eventually, you might have read a whole book! StoryWalk® combines the pleasure of reading great children's books aloud with the joys and benefits of walking together outdoor.
Conceived as a way to inspire parents, teachers and other adults to take young children outdoors to enjoy reading stories together, StoryWalk helps build children's interest in reading while encouraging healthy outdoor activity for both children and their families.
Stories are changed regularly to encourage repeat visits and ensuring that the fun continues year-round.
The story currently featured at the StoryWalk is Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse by: Judy Schachner.
Books featured on our StoryWalk®
- Skippyjon Jones in the Dog House by Judith Byron Schachner, October-December 2020
- Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae, January-February 2021
- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems, March-April 2021
- Duck on a Bike by David Shannon, July-August 2017
- The Pout-Pout Fish Goes to School by Deborah Diesen, September-October 2017
- Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson, November-December 2017
- The Mitten by Jan Brett, January-February 2018
- Bear and Duck by Katy Hudson, March-April 2018
- Prince of a Frog by Jackie Urbanovic, May-June 2018
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin with illustrations by James Dean, August-September 2018
- Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson, October-December 2018
- Red: A Crayon's Story by Michael Hall, January-February 2019
- Stellaluna by Jannell Cannon, March-April 2019
- Star Stuff: Carl Saga and the Mysteries of the Cosmos by Stephanie Roth Sisson, May-July 2019
- Library Mouse by Daniel Kirk, August-September 2019
- How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolen October-December 2019
- Giggle, Giggle, Quack by Doreen Cronin, January-February 2020
- Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin, March-April 2020
- Lily Brown's Paintings by Angela Johnson, May-July 2020
- Five Little Monkeys by Eileen Christelow, August-September 2020